Friday, December 7, 2018

Ohio Plein Air Exhibit at Springfield Museum of Art

'Riding Center' Watercolor Plein Air - OPAS Show 2018
I've got a piece in the current exhibit "Farms En Plein Air' of the Ohio Plein Air Society   It's at the Springfield Museum of Art and the opening reception is this Saturday, December 8 from 5:30-7:30.  I am looking forward to seeing all the beautiful places people have captured on canvas/paper hanging in the museum gallery and of course, talking with fellow artists.  Most of the artwork is in oil.  I hope there are a few other watercolorists there...

I painted this by the fields of the fields of our local gem, the Riding Center.  Our daughters practically grew up on horseback here, under the capable tutelage of Carolyn Bailey.  As I painted, my husband stopped by to say hi....when I turned back to paint, the horses had all migrated to the barns for their suppers!  So - forgive a bit of distortion in horsy shape - chalk it up to me not having my models cooperating : ).

Hope to see you there!
PS - You can always find more of my artwork at Village Artisans Gallery in Yellow Springs, OH.


2018 OPAS Members Show 
at the Springfield Museum of Art
Dec. 8, 2018 – Mar. 9, 2019

No comments: