Thursday, May 3, 2012

One can never tell for certain what will strike a cord....beg to be painted...
This morning, in Yoga, we discussed a sanskrit word (sahzi?) that means 'to seek beauty'.  This is seen as a way of going through life, the ambition to find beauty as one goes through the rites of daily life.  I don't know if I will paint this tiny bird but he certainly is lovely - full of cheer and hoping for a crumb from my toast, I bet.

There are days when I don't get to paint but I can still seek beauty, gather inspiration for the time when I do hide away from obligations/laundry, etc and pull out the art tools.

Next week, I will go with a friend to the local elementary School, Mills Lawn, to work with 3 second grade classes.  We will lead them in painting their dreams on a cloud!  How magical - how fortunate we are to have the privilage to help these children, to share their dreams. 

Sweet.

No comments: