Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Painting Keeps me Happy!

This time of social distancing has been a true challenge for artists...we create because it is in our blood, something we must do to stay sane and happy but...we also hope to sell a painting occasionally to somehow justify the enormous amount of time and energy we devote to our craft.  I have numerous other responsibilities and jobs, of course.  

The Airbnbs that I run bring in somewhat steady money and require attention.  But - I’ve made time every day to paint, to read about painting, to listen to podcasts about art, even to attend an online painting session with an artist whose work I admire - Vladislav Yeliseyev...so fun.  

I am truly happy to have sold 2 pieced during COVID-19 and a huge batch of custom greeting cards.  I’ve had a friend ask to take watercolor lessons - we’ll figure out how to do that if it ever stops raining and we can do it outside!  I’ve been asked to donate a piece of art to the Yellow Springs Community Foundation - a wonderful organization that organizes many funds that help people, etc here in our town.  I’m happy to give a painting to them...

Please, world,  don’t ask me to donate all the time....sometimes, I feel like the ‘Crane Maiden’, a children’s story about a crane that gives back to the farmer who rescued her from a trap by turning into a woman, then pulling the feathers from her back to weave into cloth..for him to sell : ).
 
‘Primrose’ Watercolor - 24x18 $750 
This painting is in a show ‘Art to Uplift’ at the Winds Cafe thru 9/6/20

Birdies Dining - SOLD, watercolor

‘Island Vibe’  Watercolor  16x12 (20x16 framed) $350

No comments: