Saturday, February 20, 2021

Yellow Springs Arts Council “Isolation Exhibit” is online

 

Walk Together through the Woods
  This is the piece I created when the call came out to create a piece in response to the current isolation caused by Covid restrictions, etc. by the Yellow Springs Arts Council for a virtual show. “Isolation Exhibit”.  Last night was the virtual reception by Zoom and it was a good experience. Holly Underwood hosted (with help from Tim and another Holly with technical aspects and questions).  I created this piece after yet another hike and coming out of the woods to a beautiful sunset.  

  If you look closely, you’ll see the family walking together through a tangled woods.  When I made this, the US was still embroiled in a divisive argument about vote legitimacy that tore families and friends apart and resulted in a riot at the Capitol building that caused even more torment. We are still reeling from dealing with Covid and the loss of friends to it, etc. 

  I spoke of how nature inspires my art-making, that I’m making more art than ever, painting every day. I’m exploring digital watercolor/drawing...mostly as a tool for drawing up designs for potential paintings. However, this piece says all that it needs to say as is, in it’s digital form. I printed it and the colors are accurate. I have it framed and ready to hang. $55.  I will put it at Village Artisans Gallery where I am a member..it is open and is across the street from YS Arts Council!  

Thanks for reading and I hope that you go to the Virtual show. https://www.ysartscouncil.org/gallery/

No comments: