Sunday, May 19, 2019

Paint-Out in Yellow Springs OPAS - June 22!

I've organized a Plein Air Paint-Out here in Yellow Springs for all interested in joining us.  I attended the Ohio Plein-Air Annual meeting in April and they encouraged all of us to host (particularly someone in YS - hint - hint).  I found a friend to co-host it with me, Yuki Hall, a wonderful watercolorist whose work I adore.

All are invited to come on Saturday, June 22 between 9am-1pm.  We'll meet at the big stone church on Main St - First Presbyterian (314 Xenia Ave.) between 9-10 for snacks, reconnoitering, etc. then head out to paint the town.  I'll close up the church (plenty of spots for bathrooms in town) and we'll meet up again at 12:30 to share paintings/talk.  I'll close up the church again...folks are welcome to paint on their own, etc. : ).

Plenty of spots to paint - downtown, Antioch College, Glen Helen, along the Little Miami River, the Riding Center, etc.  Lots of barns in the area if you like farm scenes...come one come all

BTW, the town holds an Art Stroll Friday, June 21 from 6-9pm with gallery receptions, etc.  I'll be at Village Artisans Gallery for our reception of 'Pollinators', corner of Dayton and Corry Streets. please visit us!

Monarch to Be - Giclee print

No comments: