Sunday, May 5, 2019

Painting People in Watercolor class May 20!

Paint Daily - one sure way to improve!

I definitely feel better about the day if I make time to take brush in hand to paint....even if it is only for a half hour or so.  Recently, I drove an hour to join a model drawing group for an afternoon and it was totally worth it!  I sketched in brush pen first to warm up...then switched to pencil sketch on wc paper and painting.  The model held the pose for 20 minutes at a time which gave us a chance to assess our progress, say hi to other artists, etc.  I could have stayed for a day and a night but of course, it was over way too soon.  I liked some of my ink sketches but especially liked the wc sketches...not really a completed painting but the impression of the model.

Here's one that I took into an app to 'cartoonize' it - I like the lines and artifacts, the character it adds to the piece.

 I'm teaching 'Painting People in Watercolor' with an artist friend, Diana Hoke so I'm painting samples : ).

Painting People in WC - Intro class monday, may 20, 3-4:30. $15
all supplies provided@YS Senior Center

No comments: